Thursday, March 21, 2013

Post 16

Essay 3 brainstorming

For Essay 3, I am thinking about writing about Veronica Mars.  I am unsure of what to do for a theme.  I was thinking about doing morality, but I am bored of that topic and would like to expand and do something different than what I did for Essay 2.

Upon reseraching a little bit about Veronica Mars, it appears that this show (I have never seen it before) is about a girl who loses her best friend and is ousted by her group of friends because of it.  Her father loses his job after making statements about the murdered girl's family so he opens up his own private detective business and hires Veronica to help him solve the crime.

This show does sound really interesting and I think it would make for a fun paper to write and do research.

Right off the bat, this girl is a high school student, so I think identity could fit well here.  Also, the father did not give up his identity as a crime solver, so it could work for the front as well.

Another theme could obviously be the role of the detective and the criminal.  Who committed the crime and how do Veronica and her father fulfill the role of the detective.  Also, Veronica and her father have been ousted by society, so in a way, they are in some sense criminals themselves.  How do they cope with this duality?

No comments:

Post a Comment