Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Post 3



Word webs are often useful to help us brainstorm for writing.  By using a word web, we can get an idea of something to write about and narrow our topic from something broad to something narrow.  For example, I started out with an incredibly broad subject (film).  From creating a word web, I could narrow my topic down to something as specific as the use of plant life (such as trees, gardens, flowers) to symbolize life and growth in a particular film.  Or, I could go about developing other themes such as the battle between good and evil, or identiy and alienation.  Further, I could also explore the different aspects of cinematography in film.  For example, I could focus on a film's use of lighting and the effect that the lighting has on the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment